Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Kevin Welsh - Blog 3

     

  


Most recent members of Jersey Shore show


        The recent seasons of Jersey Shore featured the same 8 people: The Situation, Pauly D, Vinny, Ronnie, Sammi, Snooki, Deena, and Jenni. Angelina was also on a season and she was also brought up in many of the other seasons. During this show they do a lot of heavy drinking, and when I say a lot, I man A LOT!!! They all also have a perfectly bronze tan. This is because they all “GTL” as they call it, better known as Gym, Tan, and Laundry.
        Since the start of the famous reality television show, “Jersey Shore,” there have been many people that think this is how our society as a whole is represented. I do not agree with this at all. I do agree in that some of them are making our society look very bad, but some of them actually do things to help their communities. An example of how a couple of the TV stars helped their community is when the hurricane hit the Jersey Shore, and the entire boardwalk was washed out. Pauly and Vinny (my two favorite people on the show) raised a ton of money to put towards the new boardwalk.
         I do think Jersey Shore has influenced our society a little. I don’t think it has influenced everyone in our society, but it for sure has influenced some people to go fake tanning all the time, it has influenced some people to fist pump in the club, and the one thing that I saw while watching the show that I now see in everyday life is Pauly D’s blowout haircut. I personally think this show can have a major effect on young people’s lives. When I was smaller, I looked up to Ken Griffey Jr., which is why I turned out to love baseball. If the young people in today’s world are looking up to these people on the show, who knows what they will become in their futures.









Jersey Shore Best Laughs to Best Fights

2 comments:

  1. I do believe that reality television shows affect society a little instead of believing that we base our lives from them. I believe that people make their own mind up and make their own decision

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that Jersey shore has influenced society. People think it is ok to be drunk and look like a slut and it is not.

    ReplyDelete