Personally, I think the Dundalk
Eagle has the best chance of surviving. One reason that the Dundalk Eagle has
the best chance of surviving is because of its’ price. I walked into the
grocery store to look at all of the papers that they sold, the USA Today’s were
$1.50, The Baltimore Sun’s were close to $2.00, and on the very bottom of the
shelf were the Dundalk Eagle’s for $0.50. So as you can see, the price of the
Eagle is remarkably less than that of any other paper.
Another
reason why the Dundalk Eagle has a better chance of surviving is because most
people care to hear about the news that is happening around them, and not on the
opposite side of the country. I would care a lot more about a shooting if it
was three streets down from me, rather three states away from me. Also,
something that comes with local news is local sports. Parents love reading
about their high school athletes (sons and daughters) in the paper (I know mine
did). Another thing that they have in the local paper is kids from the local
high schools who made honor roll, and which kids from the local college made
Dean’s List.
The
community benefits from the Eagle the most out of everyone. This is because the
Eagle posts most if not all of the events that are upcoming in the community.
On more of a sad note, the Eagle would also help people find friends who have
passed away in the obituary section of the paper. Another reason the Dundalk
Eagle benefits the community is because with every issue of the Eagle, there
are multiple ads for local businesses. Without the Dundalk Eagle, these local
businesses would fail to promote their services throughout the community. This
is why I think the Dundalk Eagle has the best chance of surviving through the
age of technology.

No comments:
Post a Comment